Sunday, March 3, 2013

Working Weekend

So--here is a picture of my classroom.  This weekend I spent most of my time working on school work (though I wasn't actually in the classroom).   Some weekends are just like that. 

However, I did manage a short walk in the cold.  This morning when I ran out to buy milk, I actually saw a few particles of frozen something--though I can't actually call them snowflakes.  As the afternoon wore on, the sun came out.  This is one happy and rare little crocus.
There were blossoms here and there on the tulip trees.  A few weeks ago a lot of them bloomed, then it froze at night and all the blossoms were ruined--resembling vegetables left too long in the crisper.  Sad. But these were all just opening.

It will be a few weekends yet before I am (temporarily) out of the school work crush, but I still try to take some time to enjoy a cup of tea and read your blogs.  They rejuvenate my soul in a way and cause me to slow down my eye to the littlest treasures in my life--like these hopeful little flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Had no idea you were a teacher. My 4 year old tells me almost every day she wants to be a teacher. I love that.
    Around here its all about the azaleas.
    Thanks for your sweet comment on my last post, you are so sweet.
    Have a great week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still in winter but spring is coming. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete