Sunday, June 2, 2013

An Exotic Break

St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands

Partial windmill left from sugar plantation on St. John








Trunk Bay on St. John



Old Danish Fortress on St. Thomas (Fort Christian)

Well--what a fabulous time away!  These are pictures from the Virgin Islands.  We spent most of our time on the beach where I do not bring a camera because of the sand.  But the beaches were lovely and clean and full of fluffy white sand.  The snorkeling was excellent!  We saw sea turtles, humongous rays, squid, and many fabulous corals and warm water fishes.  I have snorkeled in many places, and this was one of the best.
Part of the adventure here too was driving on the left side of the road! The roads are not well marked on St. Thomas, and everywhere they are two lane and very narrow.  Of course, everyone but me seemed to know exactly where they were going and they all drove too fast. I had to keep my wits about me--which I must say I did.  Both times when cars were driving full out towards me in the wrong lane, and the many times I missed a turn and ended up in some shifty looking place with barely a smidge of space to turn around in.

2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. That sea! So blue and inviting looking. I am quite jealous. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful there, especially the turquoise sea. The buildings look interesting too.

    ReplyDelete