Sunday, March 2, 2014

Clever Announcements and Dark Yarn


Isn't this the coolest wedding announcement?  I just love this kind of thing.  The record sleeve part has a magnet on the back so you can stick it up on the fridge--which we have.
We're steeped in the music biz around here so the marquee is real (you may recognize it if you watch TCM).
So cool.

I have been overwhelmed of late--same old job concerns.  But I've decided to make some changes, meaning leave this work at the end of the year.  It is a frightening thing to do, but we only get one life, and if you are loathing more it than you love, then something is out of balance.  I'm recalibrating here, and it is occupies a lot of my mental space.

Crochet time is my treat to myself--like some people buy lattes or get their nails done.  It 's my time out time, when I can just sit quietly and enjoy luxurious yarn and and watch some creation unfold under my fingers as my brain subconsciously moves through the rhythm of a pattern.  I love the dark color I chose for this shawl.  So different from other things I've made.  Maybe it matches my mood.





4 comments:

  1. Yes that is so clever......
    The crochet looks lovely to!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dark but with gleams of rosy light - like evening sunset shining through stormy clouds. What lovely yarn that is.

    Good luck with your changes. Frightening, yes, but exciting too - who knows what may be around the bend in the road? (As Anne of Green Gables might say.)

    What a very fun wedding announcement - good enough to be an invitation, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you. Follow your heart, that's what I say.
    I just went back and saw your photos and descriptions of the snow and ice that we had, you captured everything perfectly, right down to the "chattery ice", yes, it was just like that.
    Love the photo of you with your bunny!
    AND I laughed at your videos on the side, how long did it take y'all to make those? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those silly videos only took about an hour from start to finish. Very on the fly. I have so many plans to make more--just need time.

      Delete