Friday, July 3, 2015

Update on Makes

Okay--so I finished these mitts!  And I am so happy with them and happy with myself for sticking it out and figuring out how to knit them.  They are by far the most challenging thing I have made.  They are the Maize Mitts  from Tin Can Knits.



I am also involved in an online community (#clmooc--the same one from last summer) of educators who experiment with creative ways to make things, often using digital tools.  The idea is connect, inspire, and experiment.  For me, it's a way to try out digital tools that I could use in the classroom.  I want to try them out first before directing students to use them, so I can guide them in choosing and using these tools.  During the school year there often isn't time for me to experiment with these things.

So, the first challenge was to make something that connected with identity and the changeable-ness of it as a sort of self introduction.  My little video does not introduce me exactly, though anyone who knows me will know I love little animals and woodlands.  My video is just a short half minute of childlike whimsy.  Here it is:


1 comment:

  1. Love the mitts! Can't view the video on my phone but will try on the computer later. Sounds good though!

    ReplyDelete