Sunday, May 13, 2018

A Happy Mother's Day





Many moms probably don't like the idea of getting up to leave the house at 6 a.m. on their day off.  And many moms probably don't like the idea of knocking around in the woods looking for reptiles and amphibians.  But I love it!  And I am so, so lucky to have had this wonderful day out with my son!





Being outdoors is good for my soul and so is talking and walking with my son.  The air was cool this morning, and the insects weren't pestering us.




We found a few animals to take pictures of.  And even though my son had hopes of finding a few copperheads, I was totally fine with only seeing one dead on the road.



It was wonderful to take pictures of wildflowers I don't know the name of and sit around on moss covered rocks listening to water falling and birds singing and breath everything in.

2 comments:

  1. IT looks like a wonderful day. I walked near a cottonmouth a few weeks ago, have your son come down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Your photo of the white flower is a Mountain Laurel. And you can find those at Stone Mountain! (Arabia Mountain also) Of course, they are past it now, but look out for them next year!
    Glad your son loves to walk in the woods and enjoy nature too, so does mine! Aren't we lucky!

    ReplyDelete