Sunday, January 24, 2021

Love Where You Live





I saw a post recently which someone tagged "Love Where You Live." It made me stop to think. I often think of finding somewhere else to live. Somewhere colder, less urban. I think about returning to Italy.

But then, I take a walk, or work in my garden, and I am content. I love the trees that surround us. I love living in these woods. I love the birds, and the early morning possums and raccoons, and the sometimes foxes and slinky coyotes. I love the train. The one that whistles, and the one that clatters. I love that I can walk to the store or a coffee shop or a taqueria. I love this city in the woods.



Recently, I have decided that we should eat bagels on weekends. I love bagels! They are a perfect weekend brunch with lox and capers and onions.



I'm still in the crazy knitting zone. Like a lot of people, I get too many left over yarn balls. I decided to kit these up into hats to donate. It was amazing how fast these came together. They were all made with the free Anthology knitting pattern from Tin Can Knits. I kind of planned to make them all colorwork, but then just scrapped that idea and knitted straight ahead. Now I need to find a place to donate them.




I think on my next project pause I will make some child or toddler colorwork hats. I enjoyed seeing how the patterns look in yarn vs. on the page. I am so not a designer, and would much rather just follow a pattern and even use colors someone else has figured out. However, for me, knitting is always about learning new things.

But, I am no longer on project pause. My yarn arrived for a sweater I am going to make. And I am so excited!! Of course, this climate is not a real sweater one--well, maybe for two weeks it kind of is--but I don't care. I can take this sweater with me someday when we can travel again. And hopefully, it will not take me that long to make it!



This is Icelandic wooly wool. Very beautiful, and a long time dream I have had. But--I'll write more on that later.

Until then--here's hoping you love where you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment