Sunday, March 13, 2022

Art Days

 A good friend of my husband is an artist called Linda Hall.  Over the years, we have gone to see her exhibitions. I always find them exciting and beautiful and arresting and strange--all the things I love about art.

Lately, these past "mask" years, she has been expanding her ideas about masks. Her work has often had masks of a kind--full body masks, animal skins or forms made of fabric that humans or animals can/could inhabit. 



These works are truly incredible!

On several of these, you can see the influence of sea life embedded in the work. I always think that is so very cool.





Not all of the works were made of these cheerful colors. Some were somber, much more serious. 

Sometime last fall, and then again this weekend, I was lucky enough to be part of a sort of art "happening" which was a procession with music and masks, interacting subtly with the audience or bystanders. It took me back to my college performance days.



This latest exhibition also included collaborative works with photographer Becki Rutta which I also loved.

For more information on all of this you can check out: https://mofa.fsu.edu/social-distance/

No comments:

Post a Comment