Sunday, April 3, 2022

Spring Break Begins!

 Here is a look at my finished sweater! I am so happy with it. 



Even though it is 100% wool, it is lightweight. Of course, it is too warm to wear around here now, but next fall it will feel good. I joked with a colleague that I could wear all my knitted things to Iceland one day, and she said that if I go, I can buy wonderful yarn. Yes--to knit up sweaters to wear for future trips to Iceland, I said.

This morning I did a cable cast on and am starting some corrugated ribbing for a hat. This beginning was fiddly as ever, but making a hat is a nice in-between type project, something that doesn't take 200 million days to complete. Next up, I've got another color work yoke sweater planned to use up that neutral color yarn I changed my mind about.


Yesterday, day ONE of spring break, I hiked Blood Mountain again, but came at it from Lake Winfield Scott.


Standing here, I realized that I have a picture of myself in probably this exact spot some thirty years ago! It was early morning then too, and I was coming off the trail from overnight camping and having a little breakfast with my dog by the lake. 




The day started out sunny, but clouds rolled in while we ate our lunch on top of the mountain. Luckily, the cold wind died out, and it made for a peaceful and cool tramp back down through the woods. This time we didn't take the super rocky Freeman trail around the side of the mountain, but a more wooded decent back to the lake. Some flowers were just beginning to peep out, and I will hopefully be able to come back to see them all in bloom. I think then I will not go with the hiking group, as their pace can be pretty fast and stopping for many photos leaves you behind (I had to run to catch up when I paused to tie my shoe!).

Today, day TWO of spring break, I spent time preparing the soil in the big bed for annuals in my front yard, and tidying up the vegetable garden area. It doesn't sound like much--but it was a full day's work!

I am so happy to be able to have this time to celebrate my beautiful plants and the outdoors! I hope you have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment