Sunday, June 26, 2022

Not Feeling So Great

 This picture of a little frog statue in my backyard kind of sums up how I feel at the moment.



I am not feeling very happy right now. I feel frustration and disquiet about recent political decisions in my country. I am concerned about all those marginalized by society whose rights are in jeopardy. I am not hopeless, but I am finding it hard to hope.  

Meanwhile, it has been very, very hot and dry, and each day I water sections of the garden to keep things alive.



The cucumbers are bitter and the tomato blossoms are drying up because of the heat. At night it isn't cooling off enough to give the plants a rest. 

Any plant that is a perennial volunteer is being neglected.



 Most of the yard makes me feel hot and desperate and overwhelmed. If only it would rain!

Of course, there are some plants who love the sun--like peppers and eggplants. And some flowers too that are getting enough water because they grow where the A/C sends its condensation, or they grow in the shade.





Even though it isn't really the season for baking, when I saw fresh rhubarb in the farmer's market, I had to make a pie. (I just used a ready-made crust. Why not?)





I am hoping that in the coming week it will rain.
I am hoping a lot of things . . .  



2 comments:

  1. My dear, it is getting harder and harder to hope but when I see your flowers and the rhubarb pie...oh my goodness, they all make me happy. My tomatoes and cucumbers are exactly the same. We are promised rain here in Georgia but I suspect it might be very scattered. I hope you get some rain and I hope I get some too! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rhubarb pie looks delicious! Hope is everything...

    ReplyDelete