Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Days of Motion and Energy

So,  my darling little bully, the bluebird has continued to bang into the glass on the door.  For now, I am trying this  method--the snake.  It seems to help a little, but I think I need to move it so that it actually appears to be crawling up the door. !


It was a week for eating out.  I really love to eat Poke--an Asian flavored mix of raw fish and fresh vegetables.  Kind of like deconstructed sushi.


I also went out with this crazy young naturalist to eat Pho--one of our favorite Vietnamese soups.

Don't you like my editing of the other guy in this picture?

Meantime, school is winding down and I am getting ready for summer.  It is wonderful to get up in the morning just before the sun, instead of in the deep dark mornings of winter. 


Each day after work I come home to this lovely garden. I breathe in the trees and flowers and recharge and refocus.  I feel so lucky.


Here are a few of this week's treasures:



My youngest flew in from Chicago late last night and is now driving out to the beach.  Ah! I remember those days. Days of motion and energy.  I remember once driving from Florida to St. Louis and then on to Denver and Salt Lake City.  Driving through a night of meter showers and grabbing some sleep in a gas station parking lot only to be awakened by the shrieking of pigs in an enormous truck that pulled in alongside us.  Haha!  I still remember when we pulled into Denver Phil Collins was on the radio singing "I can feel it coming in the air tonight--haha HA!" 
It seems a long time ago.  And then again, it could have been only last week.  Isn't time funny like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment