Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Flower Post

Not much today, just a post that seems to be all flowers.

I am enjoying my backyard garden tremendously.  Each day new flowers bloom. 




As soon as one group fades, another group opens.



I have a huge bed of annuals that I put out and little weeds have begun sprouting.  Now, I am not happy to see those particular plants emerging, that's for sure.  I guess I had better get out there asap and put down some deeper mulch.

Another great thing about this yard are all of the birds.  I have a lot of bird houses and many birds come to bathe in the pond.  Hummingbirds come to drink from the flowers.  Today a bluebird flew into the window about four times. I stood behind the window to so that he could see that a window was there, and he flew at me.  I know a bluebird does not like to have other bluebirds on his turf, so it is possible that he was fighting off his reflection.

Next week I hope to put up some photos of a knitting project that has taken me for-ev-er.  But for now,  I am just glad to be posting.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful garden you have! Love that last photo with the leaf in sunlight! I love the birds too. If you look at the Audubon website they have suggestions to help with bird and glass collision. Gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete