Sunday, May 24, 2020

Knitting, Grill, and Garden

Well, the throw is finished!  Actually, it grew pretty fast and I was happy about that. I think it looks great.



So now, I am on to socks.  Socks are nice because they are portable and finish fairly quickly. I like that you have the easy rib and leg and foot and also a few brief focus points like the heel and gusset.
This pair is the Rye Light pattern from TinCanKnits. I really enjoyed doing the regular beginners pattern on double points, but I just could not get my yarn to stay on the needles for the 'light' pattern. So, I am doing these by magic loop.


For now, these seem kind of largish and floppy compared to other socks I have made. Admittedly, I did not do a gauge swatch (for shame!), and the yarn has some alpaca in it, so it is--as usual--an adventure. I'm enjoying making socks at the moment and have plans for a cardigan sometime soon too.
My husband has been grilling a lot lately and got this idea from somewhere to grill romaine lettuce. It is fantastic! Who would have thought!



He saw a recipe for grilled watermelon as well. Of course, I dismissed that--until I tried the romaine!

Many days I find myself slow to start anything--slow to begin knitting or reading or weeding. I seem to spend a lot of time watching birds visit the pond or just wandering around in the garden.
It is a pretty amazing place.  I feel so lucky to be here in this little oasis.





1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me? I would never want to leave your garden, it is gorgeous!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete