Sunday, May 2, 2021

Spring

 Oh my goodness! Is it May already?

April was a fast and busy month. I finished knitting my Stopover sweater! I am super excited about how well it turned out.  These colors were suggested by the pattern. I am not good at dreaming up my own color combinations or adapting other yarns. Often, I am attracted to a pattern because of the colors in the picture. I loved these colors.


I am excited to try another sweater like this, but I'm going to wait until the weather cools down. Right now, I'm working on a little rabbit.  He came as part of a kit.


So far I have the head and one ear done. 

I haven't been knitting too much because I wanted to get the garden planted. I have spent a lot of time working on the vegetables and planting lots of flower seeds.



The plants just love this sunny space and it has been fun to watch everything grow day by day. 

It has also been irritating to find plants (though not the vegetables--thank goodness) devoured by slugs. I trap them in jar lids filled with beer. Most of them are very small (but they are plentiful). I did find one mack-daddy of a slug though. (Alas, he never made it to the 'bar').


School is winding down and everyone is tired, teachers and students. It will be good to see an end to this school year. We are all on a countdown. I am looking forward to a long break.






1 comment:

  1. That sweater is really beautiful. No wonder you fell for it - the colors and design are delicious.

    Your garden is looking lovely. It's a bit early yet for planting veggies here, but my chives and tarragon are going gangbusters, and I have lots of volunteer columbine about to burst into bloom.

    Best wishes for the rest of the school year. It's been so rough on teachers. I hope you all get a relaxing, re-charging vacation, and that things will be better for everyone in September.

    ReplyDelete