Sunday, January 23, 2022

After the Snow

Look at these gorgeous tulips my dear husband gave me! It's so nice to have happy, bright flowers in the house on these gray winter days.


 

I spent this weekend cleaning up after last weekend's storm. So many scattered small limbs and pinecones! Some went on the mulch pile and some got put in yard waste cans. Because of the consistent cold, some things I hoped would be perennial, like lantana and Mexican heather, froze out. But, here and there I saw little promises of spring flowers.


I spent a little bit of time on the body of my sweater--and I think I am going to be okay with the colors.


My students (and me too!!) were all hoping for another snowy day on Friday, but it was not to be. School was on as usual.  

The pond repair men came and patched the leak, but 24 hours later, the water had dropped again. Boo! They will have to come again and replace the whole liner in the upper pond. Until then, the stream remains dry. The Kinglets and the Eastern Phoebe were dip diving into the remaining water before it sank too low and then pretty much dried up altogether. I am going to fill up my birdbath saucer (it used to be a hanging bird bath, but I lost the chain and hook in the move). I'll  put it near the stream. Haha. That seems like an old lady thing to do! But, I am kind of an old lady I guess.


Happy End of January to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment