Monday, July 25, 2022

Cars and Gardens

 Aren't old cars interesting? Cars of our modern era just don't have much pizzazz, if you ask me.

massive flying hood ornament in front of the museum

We went to a car museum and saw so many beautiful cars!  When I see those very early models where the tires are just barely one step above bicycle tires, I have to believe they had a lot of flats. Except, I guess they weren't really going that fast, were they?  I really love the cars of the 1930's and 40's with those wide running boards. I imagine Humphrey Bogart driving those, or maybe a driver if the car is a Rolls Royce, and some lovely lady in a gown getting out under the lights of a dinner club in Manhattan. 

The museum had quite a lot of race cars, if you are into that sort of thing--I am not. But it had many other kinds of cars as well. I only took pictures of some of my favorites. It was hard not to go around taking pictures of every single car though!

1953 Kaiser Dragon--very cool bamboo top and interior!

Looks like an old Go to Yellowstone Vehicle: "Hey kids! That picnic is for us, not the bears!"

The Scarab. It had a moveable table and chairs in the back! So much cooler than what the museum called "the first minivan."

We also went to the botanical garden one evening.  The garden has an amazing collection of orchids, but the orchid house was just way to humid to enjoy. We'll have to go back in the fall--some cold day! 




We really enjoyed the vegetable garden (of course) and took notes about what we can grow here that isn't in our garden now, but could be. Well--mental notes.

Look at all these kiwis! I don't think I've ever seen kiwis growing before, although I have seen their vines.



I loved this arbor of bitter melon. I like bitter melon, but probably not enough to try to grow it. I've eaten it in a Chinese dish. I don't think I know how to cook it. Wouldn't it be cool to grow a squash arbor though?



These were lovely days out!


Now, vacation is over and I am back to work. Some people complain, but I always feel very lucky to have a big stream of weeks off all at once. This year we traveled around more than last year--even if it was just to local places of interest. Maybe next year we'll get out to a further destination. Who knows?

Have a great week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment